POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : A question. : Re: A question. Server Time
7 Aug 2024 13:19:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A question.
From: Jamie Davison
Date: 18 Sep 2001 16:45:57
Message: <MPG.1611b55c78a84a05989a11@news.povray.org>
> : Is it just me, or does POV seem to be turning more and more into a
> : programmers toy...
>
>   Yes. I don't mind. In fact, I like that.

Somehow I didn't think that you would, but it seems to me that quite a
lot of non-programmers (like me) may feel frozen out of POV for that very
reason.

>   Of course new rendering features are added as well (eg. photons,
> dispersion...).

This is true.  And for those, I am grateful, but the 'flavour' of POV
seems to be changing, and maybe I'm just a crusty old relic of the old
days, but I'm not sure I like what it's changing into.

(All IMO only, of course)

Bye for now,
     Jamie.